"My Mum and I were both hustlers" - Skales

  • Posted by letsdanzit
  • at 11:12:00 PM -
  • 0 comments
Skales Reveals Secret To His Success In New Interview
Hardwork truly pays..I mean one needs not be told that.
Singer, Skales, in anew interview revealed what he had to do to get to the level he is in today.

During an interview with Hip TV, the ‘Temper‘ crooner, who grew up in Kaduna, revealed that he and his mother were hustlers. they hustled hard to get to the stage they are in.

Skales, who made news last year December for buying his mom a new house as a Christmas gift, revealed in an interview with Saturday Beats that he once denied his mum because he was embarrassed of her.

In his words:
My father left us when I was really young. I do not even know how he looks like. 
My mother and I used to sleep in a shopping complex at a time. I am talking about during my primary and secondary school days in Kaduna. 
Then, the only hope for me was music. At some point, I told my mother I wanted to work and support her. 


I was chased out of school because I did not pay school fees. I had to steal school uniform because mine was bad and I would tell my mother I saved money for it.”
Also, my mother would go to my friends’ houses to do their laundry, which was embarrassing to me. 


I had to deny my mother. I also did not let my friends know where I lived because most of them were children of politicians.” Adding, “When I told my mother I was moving to Lagos, she asked me to finish my university education in Kaduna. But I convinced her I could cope. 
From Kaduna to Lagos, I got a free ride and the first place I stayed was Orile (Lagos). I lied to the person that gave me free ride that I would stay with him for a couple of days and it turned to months. 
He later started a label with some friends; they knew some people but it was not easy.

Watch his interview below:
A post shared by HipTv (@officialhiptv) on












Author

Written by Admin

Uploaded Contents on Letsdanzit.com is been submitted in one way or the other. If you feel or see anything wrong in any of our uploaded contents, KINDLY CONTACT ADMIN. Follow Admin on BBM: 56259AD5

0 comments: