Get familiar with Mc-Agbado (@McAgbado)

  • Posted by letsdanzit
  • at 2:37:00 PM -
  • 0 comments
Displaying A.jpg
Before some of your favorite comedians made their presence known in film and TV, they spent years on the comedy stage perfecting their craft. We wanted to highlight 10 stand-up comedians who have been building a name for themselves on stages over this past year. Here are 10 rising comedians that fans should get familiar with in 2015. We based our ranked list off of buzz, presentation, and stage. Stage chasers.

Tell us about your background: where you grew up, siblings, friends?
Ans: I wasn't born with a silver spoon, my mum and my dad were separated so I lived with many people,like my mums siblings and strangers,especially with the orphans.


How about your siblings? Do you come from a big family?
Ans: I'm the only child,like I said earlier,my mum and my dad were separated,so there was no big family to have.

 

You talked about your primary school days and how they were your formative years would you say that is when comedy and acting became a part of you?
Ans:I can say yes,because then,I was involved in lots of inter-school drama presentations. I loved acting.

Displaying DSC_0232.JPG 
So how would you describe yourself? I know you have done some acting and if I am not mistaken you also produced that program so how would YOU describe yourself?
Ans: I love playing and writing,I'm never serious,u won't know when m actually serious. And when m playing I create things out of nothing and that's how I make things happen.


You described those three acting, Writing, Stand up comedy as your passions so what was your first acting job?
Ans:my first acting job was a church presentation,like all those mount zion stuff.I remember I played d role of a king.

 

How long did you do that for?
Ans:It was a group thing,can't realy count how many times I acted for d group,but it was fun,some we got payed and some free,but not too long I left d group.

 

How did the switch happen going from acting in a soap to stand up comedy?
Ans: during my acting,I discorvered most of my roles was comedy, and I played a lot, and I had friends that asked if I was a comedian,I said yes,from there I had to switch to stand up comedy.

Displaying E4.jpg 
What was your first stage appearance?
Ans: my first stage performance was in a friends birthday party.


How was that for you? Did you have stage fright?
Ans: wow! They were many close to a thousand. I just went up stage and said something and dey laffed,so I continued and dey kept on laffing. At first I was scared but thank God,I did it.

 

So the transition from acting in a series to the stage worked for you?
Ans: it worked oo,surprisingly it worked,I never thought I cld do it,all things being equal,it worked.

 

How do you prepare for a stand up show ? I know you write your own material is there any process to your writing?
Ans: There is no process,Nigeria is a funny country,many things around you to write,I extrect from my environment and write.

 

So writing comes to you naturally ("with ease" ) … And you have spoken about acting being another one of your passions so are we at some point going to see you in a production or maybe in a movie you've written?
Ans: hmmn,let's hope for the best,producing is a different thing and acting is a different thing,time will tell.just watch out for anything.

 

So what inspires you ? What informs your acting, writing or your stand up comedy ? where do you draw your strength from is it people or something, else?
Ans: its people,its d environment,people are funny,I just laff and create the whole thing into writing,acting and comedy.

 

Have you met people sometimes who have misunderstood you or have a different perception of who you are?
Ans: people misunderstand me some times. Its not their fault,its cos I play a lot,and some people just take me for who I am.

 

So what are their misconceptions? What do they say for example?
Ans: they r like "guy,wetin dey do u,calm down,u too dey vex" they think I'm angry,and I'm not,that's why I said some people don't know when m serious.

 

Do you have anyone in particular from whom you may have learnt certain things from positively or negatively?
Ans: I learnt positive things from different people,and out of being idle I learnt negative things from different people.

Displaying DSC_0232.JPG 
Have you had any supernatural experiences?
Ans:no

 

So from your early days until now in the entertainment industry do you think that it has changed?
Ans: I thank God,I know things will work out for the best.

 

If you had the power what are the things you would change in the industry?
Ans: if I had the power,I wld build the young ones too,cos we that are there now can't do it for life.

 

What advice or word of knowledge would you have for other budding entertainers who are looking to someone like yourself?
Don't be lazy,hard work puts food on your table.


It's been great having you here

Thank you.

You can connect with Mc-Agbado on...
Twiter: @McAgbado
Phone: 08139100028 (+234 816 571 4241)

Author

Written by Admin

Uploaded Contents on Letsdanzit.com is been submitted in one way or the other. If you feel or see anything wrong in any of our uploaded contents, KINDLY CONTACT ADMIN. Follow Admin on BBM: 56259AD5

0 comments: